Around the Corner

Around the corner I have a friend,In this great city that has no end,Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,And before I know it, a year is gone.And I never see my old friend's face,For life is a swift and terrible race,
He knows I like him just as well,As in the days when I rang his bell.And he rang mine but we were younger then,And now we are busy, tired men.Tired of playing a foolish game,Tired of trying to make a name."Tomorrow" I say! "I will call on JimJust to show that I'm thinking of him."
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,And distance between us grows and grows.Around the corner, yet miles away,"Here's a telegram sir,"…. "Jim died today."And that's what we get, and deserve in the end:Around the corner, a vanished friend.

By Charles Hanson Towne

No comments:

 

Copyright © 2008 Yupture Team. All rights reserved.